2020 Heartbeat International Annual Conference
Seattle, Washington | April 14-16, 2020
General Submission Guidelines (Deadline - October 4, 2019)
- Submitting a workshop proposal does not mean that you will automatically be selected as a presenter. Presenters selected for the Annual Conference will be notified directly at the contact information provided. Heartbeat International affiliation and/or exhibiting is preferred, but not a requirement for submission.
- All proposals will be evaluated in light of the course description, learning objectives, presenters’ credentials, experience, and the overall needs of the conference program. (Please note that the workshop titles are subject to change for marketing purposes. A Heartbeat staff member may be in touch with you if additional discussion is required regarding your workshop and/or title.)
- Incomplete forms may result in workshops not being selected. Submissions must be: practical, relevant and compelling.
- Heartbeat International affiliation and/or exhibiting is preferred, but not a requirement for submission.
- Only the person submitting the workshop information is being considered as a presenter and therefore, if approved, is the only person approved to present unless otherwise requested separately in writing and approved by Heartbeat. As a presenter, I am responsible to obtain permission before using any copyrighted material in my presentations.
- If selected, you will receive additional information about registration procedures. Workshop presenters predominantly cover their own conference registration fees, travel and lodging expenses. As a thank you, Heartbeat will provide a discounted rate for attending the Conference.
Presenters, please remember your workshop should be 60 minutes. (Please note that the workshop titles are subject to change for marketing purposes. A Heartbeat staff member may be in touch with you if additional discussion is required regarding your workshop and/or title.)
We request that presenters not use the time for promotion of their organization or its services, but rather sharing successful practices and takeaways that meet Heartbeat’s guidelines.
The purpose of our Annual Conference is to provide quality education and networking opportunities for leaders in the pregnancy help community. Presentations are designed for all levels of experience—from basic, to intermediate, to advanced. Each of our roughly workshops typically lasts about 60 minutes, including questions.
Heartbeat International's ministry philosophy is intentionally grassroots, bottom-up, innovative and entrepreneurial. We seek to highlight effective ministry efforts and look forward—at each Annual Conference—to providing opportunity for fresh ideas and innovative solutions to handle long-standing, familiar issues.
Learn About Your Audience
Heartbeat International's Annual Conference is designed for ministry leaders, staff, board members, and volunteers of life-affirming pregnancy resource centers, medical clinics, maternity homes, and non-profit adoption agencies, as well as professionals in the areas of medicine, counseling, social work, and education.
- Executive Directors - Leadership is best when equipped, encouraged, and engaged. This Conference includes tactical techniques, spiritual support, and everything in between.
- Key Staff/Volunteers - Deepen your understanding by accessing the Track or Workshops of your area of ministry work - or broaden your information and inspiration by learning about related matters.
- Medical Personnel - While our Medical Track features professionals who can speak the medical language and your passion for life, other topics may be of interest to enhance you and your ministry.
- Board Members - Governance is a high calling and one that is informed by experience and understanding. Strategic Leadership topics will strengthen your knowledge and wisdom.
- Housing Professionals - Housing ministries provide long-term, in-depth support for women during pregnancy and beyond. Join other housing ministry leaders in discussing the joys and challenges unique to residential programs.
- Internationals - Pregnancy help ministries exist all over the world and they encounter the same concerns U.S. centers have every day. This Conference is proud to include international guests from six continents.
- October 4, 2019 - Deadline for submitting proposals
- November 2019 - Proposal status updates emailed to submitters
- November 2019 - Confirmation from presenter received
- April 14-16, 2020 - Heartbeat International Annual Conference