Please specify who should receive each subscription you are purchasing by providing the email address and/or username. Please note, a subscription is needed for each individual interested in receiving credit for any training.
I understand I am purchasing a web-based resource intended for a pro-life audience. I also understand the views, information, and opinions shared as part of this training may or may not reflect the views and opinions of Heartbeat International. Additionally, I understand that this is an educational resource and is considered off the record. Anyone wishing to receive a statement or additional information from Heartbeat International can contact us at email@example.com.
Add to Wish List
Email a Friend
In this training, nurses/attendees will learn how what the current industry and Joint Commission standards are regarding high-level disinfection of transvaginal probes used during first trimester limited obstetrical ultrasound examinations. Attendees will learn what methods are currently available, what procedures and compounds are safe for nurses, Sonographers and patients. Most importantly, they will learn what the risks are to transmit disease from one patient to the other, or themselves, if improper device reprocessing procedures are being performed.
Presented by Kevin Rooker, RT(R), RDMS, RVT.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 16061 for one contact hour(s).
Upon completion of this course, nurses/attendees will be able to:
Assess: 1. That the policies and procedures that their facility has in place for transvaginal probe reprocessing, including high-level disinfection is acceptable according to industry and Joint Commission standards.
Describe: 1. What the industry and Joint Commission standards are for semi-critical device reprocessing2. What are the diseases to be concerned about and what are the risks of transmission of those to patients or operators 3. What are the proper procedures for low and high-level disinfection, and what are the available tools to properly disinfect and reprocess ultrasound probes.
Evaluate: 1. The current policies and procedures within their ultrasound facility regarding probe reprocessing. 2. The plan to bring their PRC into compliance with Joint Commission standards
A. Levels of probe disinfection
1. Low-level disinfection
2. High-level disinfection
3. Spaludings Classification
B. Potentially harmful pathogens
2. STD’s (gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, trichomoniasis)
3. HIV 4. Risks of transmission
C. Disinfection processes
D. Regulations and agency guidelines
2. The Joint Commission
E. Nurse and patient protection
1. Personal protection equipment
2. Ventilation requirements
3. Disposal requirements
F. Manual vs Automated HLD
1. Manual pros and cons
2. Automated pros and cons
G. Tips to stay in compliance
1. Know what the standards are (ignorance is no excuse)
2. Know your manufacturers recommendations
3. Keep accurate and complete records
4. Know where to get accurate answers
5. Written policies – get them, use them
6. Train new employees immediately, update training routinely
H. Keeping Things in Perspective
1. While proper HLD is potentially costly, shortcuts could cost you more
2. Clients have an expectation that we are doing what is correct
1. Refunds for non-attendance will only be awarded if non-attendance is the direct result of an unplanned or unannounced outage. When a registrant is unable to access a webinar/course due to an unplanned or unannounced server outage of Heartbeat International Academy, the HeartbeatInternational.org website, or HeartbeatServices.org website, Heartbeat International will contact the registrant to notify them of the refund due them and issue the refund. Refund will be made to the registrant within 1 week of the cancelled event subject to processing fees.
2. When a course/webinar is cancelled for which individuals have registered, Heartbeat International will send a notification to each registrant per email or phone. Full refund will be sent to registrant within one week of cancellation.
Web Design and Development by Extend Web Services